Exhausted

This morning I had a meeting about another web site I’m redesigning, and that went well. I’ve certainly got plenty to be getting on with now, in terms of creating some initial designs. I also did some research last night into the latest web trends, this year’s fashions in the web design world! It was quite interesting, seeing what was being predicted and what key things were working, design-wise. In particular, rounded corners are in at the moment, simple layouts are proving effective, gradient fills can be very effective in the right places, and various font effects are being used (like tight kerning and large blocks of text for effect). Some things were an interesting eye-opener, while with others it was a reassuring relief to know that I’ve been on the right lines so far!

This afternoon I was considering ringing somewhere like Kwikfit to get my exhaust fitted, simply because I’m fed up with having it sitting in the garage when it should be on the car! Just as I was about to phone them, I got a text message from a friend of mine who is also into Minis, inviting me round to fit it! A good bit of timing there! In the end I fitted it all myself, which was quite fun, though it was good having someone there who knew what he was doing. It would have been nicer to have got the car up higher, but we didn’t really have anything big and industrial on site, so I just had to make do with a couple of little ramps. Still, it was better than nothing, and after a lot of struggling I managed to get the old exhaust off. As it turns out, the old exhaust was so riddled with rust that there were at least four gaping holes in it! No wonder it had been making a lot of noise! After a little trouble getting the sealing paste out of the tube (it refused to come out of the hole in the top of the tube, but instead preferred to ease the bottom open!) I got the gasket nicely covered in gloop, and put the new RC40 exhaust on. It was actually all a lot easier than I expected, which was a nice surprise, and it seems to have fixed itself on pretty well, no leaks at all. It doesn’t look amazingly impressive, other than being shiny at the end, but it sounds so much nicer and has improved the performance slightly too. The acceleration is back to being smooth again now (the old blowing exhaust had been making the acceleration very lumpy and uneven), so all round a very satisfactory afternoon’s work!

I know I’ve said this many times before, but I WILL take some photos of Neddy at some point, just as soon as the sun comes out…

One thought on “Exhausted

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *