Hooray!! Finally cracked the Diocese web site! It hasn’t actually been working since it went live last week, but I’ve sorted it out now and it all works like a dream. Turns out the problem was that the site is running on an older version of PHP than I was expecting, so the command I was asking of it didn’t actually exist, so it wasn’t doing anything! Thankfully though there was another way of doing the same thing (which is now depreciated in more recent versions), so I just changed a few lines and it all works nicely now. I’ve put some stuff into the news section too, to make it look less like it’s only just got online, and added a visitor counter to it – we’ve already had 8 visitors this afternoon, and one of those was from the US!

Categories: Miscellaneous


Phill · 1 September 2005 at 12:44 am

Incidentally, I think when you say “depreciated” you mean “deprecated”. There’s a subtle difference between them! 😀

Matthew · 1 September 2005 at 9:46 am

Ah. Yes. *sigh* I try to be clever and use the technical jargon, and lo and behold – I get it wrong!! I think I’ll employ only monosyllabic vocabulary henceforth. (Doh!! Stumbled at the first hurdle…)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *